At Lights Camera Action Salon, we have been performing Keratin Treatments on our clients for 6+ years. All of our stylists have been Certified to perform the treatments by owner and educator Rachel Black Johnson. We use the brand Keratin Complex because they have a superior form of Keratin, as well as a full luxury retail, and color line to support the treatments.
Keratin Complex has led the way with innovative technology and amazing results. It is no wonder Keratin Complex is now the leading smoothing system in the World! All Keratin Complex treatments and styling products are specially formulated to contain natural keratin protein, which rebuilds, restores and rejuvenates all types of hair. No more bad hair days with Keratin Complex!
are for those clients who:
- Want silkier, shinier, healthier hair
- Growing out a relaxer
- Have unruly kinky or curly frizzy hair
- Damaged hair from chemicals and/or styling
If you’re thinking about trying it, you should know this:
- What Is Keratin? It’s a protein that’s naturally in your hair. According to Webster’s Dictionary Keratin is a family of fibrous structural proteins. Keratin is the key structural material making up the outer layer of human skin. It is also the key structural component of hair and nails.
- How It Works: A stylist applies a keratin hair-smoothing product to your hair and then uses the heat of a flat iron to seal it in. The process takes about 90 minutes or longer, depending on your hair’s length.
- Time-Saving Tresses: If you usually style your hair straight, a keratin hair-smoothing treatment could shorten your blow-dry time by 40% to 60%.
- Farewell, Frizz: You can forget about frizzy hair after treatment. “You could walk out in moist or light rain and your hair won’t change.”
- Wait Before You Wash: You shouldn’t wash your hair for three or four days after getting the treatment. That’s because the treatment takes time to form a semipermanent bond with your hair.
- Upkeep: After you get a keratin hair treatment, and after the don’t-wash waiting period, you should use Keratin Complex shampoos and Conditioners to insure and maintain your treatment.
- How Long It Lasts: Expect the results to last two to 4 months
If you do not like the results, don’t worry it will wash away after about 5 months!